From past four decades now, George Kovacs is the preferred choice for contemporary light fittings across the country. Mr. George Kovacs was a designer, importer and manufacturer of contemporary lighting fittings and was born in Austria in 1926. After marketing J.T.Kalmar Lamps in 1954, Kovacs decided to start and expand his lighting design and import business. Slowly he established his name and was considered the premier designer of contemporary light fixtures. Also, he was the man who, in 1970s, pioneered halogen torchiere floor lamps in America. George Kovacs not only manufactured the trendy table and floor lamps, pendant fixtures and wall sconces, but he also marketed the light fittings from other popular designers like Harry Allen, Ingo Maurer, Robert Sonneman, Alecia Wesner and Karim Rashid. Though, he sold his brand to Minka Group in 2000, but he continued to design lightings for the company till he died in 2007. In fact, Minka Group still manufactures this line of light fixtures under his name and based on his design aesthetics. Offering a wide variety of styles, this lighting collection is recognized by Kovacs’ characteristic clean lines and unexpected curves and twists that give these fixtures a modern and sophisticated look with a retro appeal.
George Kovacs lighting fixtures are characterised by stunning embellishments and sleek designing. George Kovacs expansive catalogue offers light fixtures for nearly each and every nook and corner of the house, including chandeliers, floor lamps, table lamps, wall sconces, bathroom fixtures, illuminated mirrors and much more. The chandeliers are available in either traditional regularly placed fittings or as contemporary designer fixtures. The floor lamps embody glamour in sophisticated style. George Kovacs ceiling fixtures use simple suspension but offers firm shapes and vibrant coloration. Their famous torchiere, on the other hand is straight and shiny pole lamp, which has the power to illuminate the entire room without looking overpowering.
However, the problem is more the options; the more it is confusing to buy the right fixture. Every light fitting in your house must be installed according to the requirements of that specific area. For instance, your living room will need a different lighting scheme than the one of your bedroom. Similarly, lighting of your bathroom will be poles apart from that of the hallway. Therefore, it is essential that you buy these fixtures after considering the area you want to mount it in. Here are some tips that will help you in your choice:
1. You perform various tasks in your living area. Be it entertaining your guests or watching TV or enjoying a lazy afternoon with family – you need sufficient illumination for every chore. Therefore, it is a good idea to place multiple light fixtures in this area. For an ideal illumination scheme, you can install George Kovacs’ Light Rain Chandelier as main light fitting along with ADA sconces or Hidden Lamps flush mount for ambient lighting and Soft Torchiere floor lamp for task lighting needs.
2. If you have some paintings, pictures or wall displays in your living area, you can consider placing some recessed lights or picture lights to enhance their look and highlight them whenever you want.
3. Putting lamps in multiple corners can improve the feel and change the ambience of any area. George Kovacs lighting fixtures specialize in lamps and offer various styles, such as Portables Table Lamp, Step Floor Lamp, George’s Reading Room Lamp and Soft Torchiere Lamp amongst many others.
4. You can install an over the counter pendant fixture or island light in your kitchen for proper task illumination. Jewel Box and Suspended Pendant are great fixtures for kitchen lighting (www.wikihow.com/Choose-the-Proper-Lighting-for-a-Kitchen).
5. In your bathroom, you must place specialized bath lights over the mirror. These lights offer perfect luminosity without casting any shadows. Kovacs offers a specialized range of bath fixtures and offer many interesting fittings like Saber, Pillow, Tube, Jewel Box, Shimo, etc.
6. Never underestimate the importance of illuminating your outdoors well. Your guests get the first impression of your house from outside. Therefore, your house must look warm and inviting. This is only possible if it is well lit and looks bright and vibrant. Install some post and pier mounts and lantern fixtures for a warm and rustic outdoor look.
With the above tips at your hand, you can now buy stunning George Kovacs lighting fixtures and illuminate your house in style!