If you have a house with a beautifully decked wood floor in Scottsdale, then you already know what keeps the class alive in your surroundings. Known to be the most popular and durable among all the floorings, this flooring will live a longer life.
It is pleasing aesthetically and demands the least amount of attention in terms of keeping it maintained, there is nothing that can suit your property better than getting installed wood floors Scottsdale. Having said that, are you update with all the right ways to maintain the flooring and tricks to keep it clean? This post will tell you all you need to know about how to maintain and clean your floorings without having to put yourself through the grilling process of scrubbing and polishing.
Here are a few tricks and tips to follow to ensure that your wood floors look fresh like the first day for years to come.
Maintenance: The following points will make sure that your wood floor in Scottsdale remains alive and maintained for the longest of time:
- The one thing that will be of sure-shot help is that the flooring is re-varnished and re-sanded every few years if you have installed natural hardwood and you want to hold onto the new and fresh first-day look of it.
- Try and avoid heels or studs on the wooden flooring of you don’t want to entertain scratches and cracks after a few months of installation. Pointy fand sharp footwear will make dents on the floor and the chips can wear out as well. The same goes for furniture that is heavy or rough, try to avoid movement of such goods as much as possible directly on the floor.
- You can use rugs, mats, floor runners, carpets in high traffic areas of your house to avoid any damage because of frequent use. This will not just negate the possible damage but also save the wood floor in Scottsdale from dust and dirt.
Cleaning: This is another smart tip list that involves weekly cleaning to make sure that your flooring is maintained well for the longest time. Start to clean your floors every weekend, and do not surrender to simply running a vacuum around the floor and think you are done. Vacuuming may in fact damage the floor if done too much, rather follow these tips to keep your floor clean;
- If there are any large clumps of dust or dirt on the floor, use a brush that has soft bristles and softly remove those clumps.
- If you are going to vacuum the floor every week, make sure that you do it with a soft brush attachment to avoid maximum damage. These two steps require soft brushes to ensure there are no scratches made in the process of cleaning.
- Use a cloth that isn’t too wet, a slightly damp one will do the job of cleaning perfectly. If there is too much water in the cloth it will end up damaging the floor, so do not use an excessively wet cloth. The water will enter the gaps and create moisture between the cracks, avoid it.
- Once your floor has been cleaned and all dried up, wax or polish it. Your wood floor in Scottsdale will start to look like it has been installed just yesterday after you have polished or waxed the complete flooring. Later buff the flooring to give that extra sparkle to your space.
These steps will help you clean and maintain your wood floor in Scottsdale and guarantee a long life. A well-maintained flooring will make your property look aesthetically rich and enhance its look. It can also work in favor if you are looking to sell off your property in a few years, the value of your visually rich property will be amplified as well. So, wait no more and give your space the look it deserves by finding just the right soft brushes, wax, and energy. Enjoy classic wood flooring!