Nowadays, markets are flooded with shops and online sites that deal with furniture and majority of them offer you customization options. Be it your sofas, coffee tables, designer wardrobes, dining tables, side tables, cabinets or anything else, you can get it designed as per your needs and requirements. All you have to do is provide the manufacturers with your ideas and space measurements, and voila you are all set to get your furniture customized.
Getting custom furniture for your house is like going to a designer and getting a dress designed according to your style and preference, instead of buying a readymade piece from the store. Though a readymade piece may look stunning on you but nothing can beat the perfection and finesse of a dress specifically designed with you in mind and tailored according to your size and preference. However, commissioning your own custom furniture can be intimidating, more so, if you are doing it for the first time. Here are some tips that will help you in understanding the process and will make your purchase easier:
1. The most common misconception about customized furniture is that it is very expensive, which is not true at all. In fact, sometimes it could just be the opposite. The thing is large furniture manufacturers need to spend a lot on rental expenses, taxes, advertising, insurance, etc., however, an online retailer who will design your custom furniture will save on all those costs and can offer you a much better deal.
2. Another crucial factor when commissioning furniture is that you should have sufficient time at hand. Custom furniture is designed and manufactured especially on demand. Therefore, it is made from scratch and takes some time for completion. Compelling the craftsmen to hurry might cause you to compromise on quality or finesse. Moreover, once your furniture piece is completed, you will be asked for approval. In case you need some revisions, you should add a couple more days for that as well.
3. As you are getting your furniture designed as per your necessity you should make sure that they are made to the perfect size. Measure the available area and check for any special requirements that you might have. For instance, you might want to get smaller chairs designed for the kids at your dining table. You can ask the craftsman to make the chairs smaller than usual but keep the back same so that no one can make out the difference and the dining area looks well balanced.
4. If you find some furniture piece in a magazine, a TV show or a showroom that you like, do not try to get an exact replica made. Manufacturing an exact same piece with identical material, finish and design might not be a possible option and you may get disappointed with the result. Instead, you should take a picture of that furniture piece and let the craftsmen use it as an inspiration to design your furniture.
5. When getting your furniture customized, you also get the flexibility to be environment friendly and use materials that are recyclable. You can get interesting fixtures made from reclaimed barn wood, or use an old door to recreate a quirky table and so on.
6. One of the biggest benefits of buying customized furniture is that it is bespoke and unique. You can enjoy the fact that what you have will be totally made for you and no one else in the world will own the exact same piece.
7. Moreover, in customized furniture, you can even pay in installments. Pay an initial deposit at the time of commissioning the furniture, and then pay the remaining amount at various manufacturing stages with last installment at the time of final review and delivery.
8. Another advantage is that you can fill an oddly proportioned space in your house with a functional furniture piece by getting it customized. For example, you can get a cabinet designed to fit the space under the stairs and so on.
Not only does bespoke furniture helps you save money but also offers you exceptional quality and functionality when compared to ready-made furniture. So, go ahead and get custom furniture (http://www.wisegeek.net/how-do-i-choose-the-best-custom-office-furniture.htm) and decorate your house according to your own individual taste.